Tuesday 15 December 2015

Paper by 53 stylus

I am interested in doing some urban sketching, but would like to try doing digital sketches on a tablet.  I thought that this would be a good way to keep all my sketches and be able to transfer them onto my computer.  Up until now, I would have to scan the drawings onto it.  

I received an iPad and plan to try to create some sketches using it.  I know that there are number of apps that are available for drawing, sketching, and painting.  I'm not sure which app will be the best one for drawing on the pad, so I plan to get some of them and try them out.  I'll post what I'm doing to act as a comparison.

I am using the Paper by 53 stylus.  I chose this one after doing a bit of research.  I didn't want a stylus with the big squishy end on it.  I figured for sketching, it should be something that could be easier to know where the end is.  I looked at some of them that have the clear disk on the end, but was concerned about the disk scratching the tablet.  

I've tried to use the 53 stylus.   It is shaped like a carpenter's pencil.  I have just begun to use it and found it to be comfortable to use and good at knowing where that end is.  It comes with a replacement tip and eraser.  It is a rechargeable stylus.  The tip comes out to he pencil and has a USB charger on it.  It is designed to be used with the Paper by 53 app, but I'm going to see how it is with other apps as well.  With the Paper app, the stylus connects with Bluetooth.  The end of the stylus actually can be used as an eraser when using the app.  It's also supposed to recognize when your hand is on the tablet and not have it wreck your drawing.  So far, it seems to do all of that.






No comments:

Post a Comment